Saturday, May 27, 2017

Sister Clark

 Week #45: Add Up! – May 16, 2017 – May 22, 2017

It's that time again, transfer week! I'm staying in Kota Kinabalu. My companion is transferring to Penang, and she'll finish her mission there in 3 months. Our Mission President calls STL's if they are being called, released, or transferring to accept their calling in their new area. We were home playing Uno, trying to recover from illness and keeping our thoughts away from transfers last night. We thought we were home free, when we got a call. It was a restless night, full of tears. When I heard Penang though, I knew she was going to a great area.

This week we celebrated Sister Egan's birthday. We finished our last week of sugar with "Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake" (my mom's recipe). It was delicious! Before getting sick, I went out with Sister Egan, the only healthy sister at the time, to her area. We visited a member's home and contacted 8 teenagers. I didn't speak a lick of Malay, but they were kind and listened to us. I realized, I had forgotten society and how to talk to teenagers. It was embarrassing, but the Spirit was still strong. That was one of the miracles this week. The rest of the week, we fell sick.
 
Happy Birthday Sister Egan!
After contacting the 8 teenagers, we taught Free English Class. We teach this for an hour, once per week, and then teach a short, optional Gospel Discussion. This week, we shared "A Shower of Heavenly Blessings" from LDS.org. While we were talking about this video, we explained how it is about positivity and gratitude. During this video, I had an "aha" moment about positivity. Often, when we think positive, we think of a (+) sign. This is a "plus sign" or "addition sign". I was thinking of blessings when we recognize them, we feel happy. Counting blessings is a positive way of thinking. We can only be positive, because we are adding up! Sure, you can look at others around you and say you don't have those things, but you when you look at your own life, you can't count your blessings down, they aren't taken away. So the key to life is to add up! Add up your blessings, and you will be amazed!


Our "Healthy" Breakfast

My "African" Companion

1 comment:

  1. sister Clark was came with sister richardson (she is my family related name sister) and sister cloud ....before she went back, she give a wonderful testimony ...she was amazing...she had finish her mission and went back home ... we miss her ...

    ReplyDelete