Saturday, October 1, 2016

Week #11: Ipoh, West Malaysia September 20, 2016 - September 26, 2016

This week while contacting we met two ladies who spoke mostly Chinese. They were really sweet, nice, and funny. They spoke broken English saying they only spoke Mandarin. My companion rode up to them, started talking in
Zone Conference in Ipoh, West Malaysia
English, and then in Mandarin. When they saw me ride up, they ignored her and started only talking to me telling my companion (because she is white), "No. You don't speak Mandarin. She does." Unfortunately, my companion's mandarin is better than mine. whoops!


Ooo, just a little fun thing, I was able to wash N----'s dogs for service. We washed all 12 of them and a little puppy Bella that she rescued the other day but gave to her neighbor. It was cuteness overload here. They were all so big and cute. Sadly, I forgot my camera so I didn't get a picture :\

This week we had zone meeting, so all of the sisters and elders in West Malaysia came together. There are only 2 other sisters in Penang, and us four in Ipoh. All of the elders I met would only talk to me in Mandarin. The sisters said it was just them trying to see how well the "greenies" (newbies) spoke. Ugh. Elders. Anyways, it was a great time, we were spiritually enlightened and it renewed our drive to go out and serve.
Zone Conference in Ipoh, West Malaysia

Well this week I have been studying about the enabling power the atonement. Elder David A. Bednar gave a great talk at a BYU devotional about it. I know hat the Lord's atonement is not only to heal, but to give us strength beyond our own. When we go through trials we think we cannot handle, the Lord will help us, all we need to do is ask. The Lord loves you and wants to help you. He wants you to be as a child, and ask for help. I know He will answer and give you more strength than you could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment