Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Week: #21 – Charity: The Gateway to the Heart: November 29, 2016 – December 5, 2016

Buddhist Temple
This week has been quite slow. For the most part of this week, Sister Durham and I were sick. I had a small cold while Sister Durham had more severe symptoms, including vomiting. Therefore, we were nursing Sister Durham for the most part. Throughout this transfer, there have been some tough times, and our companionship has not worked together as smoothly.  As we've been patient, caring, and loving, I was able to see how charity can soften a heart. I've experienced it for myself. I've also seen the effects it has on others--members, companions, and investigators. Six weeks ago, one of our investigators became very hard-hearted and started yelling at us. We patiently listened then quietly told her we loved her and walked away. This week, she gave us a call. We were able to listen to her and serve her. Through those acts, her heart was opened again. It was through charity, the pure love of Christ, that her heart was opened and softened. Charity not only softens hearts, but it allows one to be open to spiritual promptings. As I was writing letters to the members in Penang, I found that my thoughts and words seemed to flow out of me. I knew those words I was writing was not by my thoughts alone and were truly inspired.

Chinese Artifacts

Week #22 – Miracles!: December 6, 2016 – December 12, 2016


Fixing Sister Quan's bike chain
This week has been full of miracles! Sister Quan has been riding a bike that the chain comes off easily. As we were riding, we've had many kind souls pull over to help us reattach it. One of the people we met became an investigator. As we've met, this person has a strong desire to share the gospel, yet they only knew about the new Christmas video "Light the World". This showed me the miracle of God, working on the hearts of His children to soften and prepare them to hear His word. Another miracle day was when we were visiting a park. We were having a hard time finding potential investigators to give us their number and set up an appointment. One day, however, we were lead to a park that helped us find 9 potential investigators, and we taught 2 people a full lesson, who later became investigators. This showed me that God hears and answers prayers. Sometimes He answers them in a miracle that is easy to spot. Sometimes, it's not so easy to recognize the answer. However, He always answers. The last miracle of this week was the ability to speak the words that I lacked. There were times while meeting members that I was not sure what to say. My companion would talk about two seemingly different ideas that made absolutely no sense in my head. It was when I opened my mouth, not knowing what to say and trusting God to lead me, I was able to testify and say the words that the members needed
Sisters Vranes and Durham
to hear. I was able to make complete sense of what was previously said and testify of God. I know that sometimes we are presented with others concerns, not knowing what to say. I know that the person and God trust us to help them. I know that if you open your mouth and you are testifying of God and goodness, you will always know what to say to help touch the person who trusts you.

No comments:

Post a Comment